Stillwater Pony Express
View this profile on Instagram

Pony Express (@sahsponyexpress) • Instagram photos and videos

‘Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour’ movie creates enchanting night

This+is+Taylor+Swifts+Eras+Tour+movie+poster.+Her+film+consists+of+songs+from+all+10+of+her+albums+%28eras%29.+
Fair Use Image Erastourfilm.com
This is Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour movie poster. Her film consists of songs from all 10 of her albums (eras).

Taylor Swift emerges from the bottom of the stage breaming with pride. She spins in a circle to look around at all of her audience. As she begins to sing Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince you can hear the crowd getting louder and louder. The bridge hits and everyone is already screaming. After the song comes to an end, Swift says “welcome to the Eras Tour”. “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” movie is an movie theater experience that everyone needs to have.

This movie was based off of Swift’s Eras Tour concert that has been traveling all around the world. The concert(s) she decided to film for the movie was the ones from the five Los Angeles nights. This show was originally three hours, but in the movie she cut a few of the songs to make it shorter. The film is around two hours and 40 minutes. The movie is essentially the Eras Tour concert on film for all to experience.

The movie creates a new unique experience when watching a movie in theaters. Instead of staying quiet and seated fans were encouraged to sing and dance.

Taylor swift told fans on social media to sing and dance when watching the movie. Fans are holding hands and dancing in a circle at the front of the theater and copying the backup dancers moves. Audience members also say concert chants that went along with the songs. For example during the song Anti-Hero, fans sing “Taylor you will be fine” during a pause in music.

The editing and videography made it feel as though fans were at the concert live. They show concert goers and not only Swift, but the others on stage with her as well. They brought the whole experience to the theaters.

The Eras Tour movie is 2 hours and 48 minutes of an irresistibly shiny, shimmering Taylor Swift.

— Stephanie Zacharek

There was clips of concert-goers cheering, dancing, singing and even crying tears of joy. The raw emotion that was displayed made the audience feel they were in the concert. The filming also was able to convey how radiant and upbeat Swift was on stage. It shows the pure joy of the backup dancers when they dance along with her.

The Eras Tour movie creates an alternative experience for fans who may not have been able to get tickets to the show. They experience many similar activities concert-goers did.

During the movie, many fans dressed up in either Taylor Swift merch or fun costumes. Some fans have sparkly outfits on that they would have worn to the concert if they had gone. At the movie, audience members had the option to trade friendship bracelets as well.

The performance Swift puts on is phenomenal. The amount of stamina and radiance she shows through out the whole film is remarkable. She is also able to pull her audience in for over two and a half hours.

The Eras Tour movie is 2 hours and 48 minutes of an irresistibly shiny, shimmering Taylor Swift,” Stephanie Zacharek, Time Magazine reporter said about the movie. Swift has many costume changes between the eras, high level choreography and she still hits all her high notes. Her performance skills make the film much more engaging.

Others believe that her film was over hyped and given too much credit. It is just another concert that happened to get a film made about it. A lot of concerts now days have high level choreography, sining, back up dancers and many costume changes. It is nothing new.

“Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” movie is an event that everyone needs to experience. The movie has singing, dancing, emotion and amazing videography. The cinematic experience allows there to be something for everyone, even non-Swifties. With her strong song writer, stage personality and positivity, it makes the movie enjoyable for all.