Boys soccer strives for repeat at State

Ashlynn O'Connor, Social Media Editor

Photo by Ashlynn O’Connor
The boys’ varsity soccer team takes on the Raiders, resulting in a win helping them with their goal to make it to state.

“The Bank”, is where the boys’ varsity soccer team won the State Championship in 2016 and placed second in 2017. The boys are achieving their goals by their hard work and mindset to get to state once again this year. 

The soccer team has had great success this season already. The soccer team’s record is strong, giving them the rank of first in the state.

Junior Ben Snyder said Washburn is their toughest competition for the season. Washburn is ranked second in the state, and they have a strongly built team. The boys’ soccer team played a challenging game against Washburn September 15th. They played hard until the end of the game but ended up losing to Washburn 1-0. Following the game, the boys’ team lost the rank of first in the state and became second in the state.  

Junior Joseph Young said they push through the loss, they’ve got all the talent in the world and we’ve got the mindset to keep pushing for the state. Even though that was their first loss of the season they still have 6 games left of regular season play and are going to give all they got into them.

Young added, their coach has been building a state winning team for years. Their coach teaches the best tactics and skills for the boys to use when they play. Their coach pushes them and makes them work very hard because he knows that all have great potentials. The coach knows that every player on his team has the right drive to bring home another state championship title this year.

“In this day and age, we have a pretty good chance to go out there and win,” senior Captain Logan Huber said.

On September 18th the boys did exactly what Huber said they were going to do, “go out there and win”. The boys’ varsity soccer team played Forest Lake at the high school and beat them 5-1. These boys are not going to back down they are going to give all they got at another chance to get to state.

The boys’ varsity soccer team has had successful past seasons and is having a successful season this year as well. The program is something that has been building to the level they are at for a very long time. When watching the team play it flows so well it looks like magic on the field. The boys keep bringing that magic to every game trying to be able to get to “the bank” to show everyone what they got this year once again.