Jenna Phelps balances school and activities

Photo by Mady Richert
Senior Jenna Phelps manages school and stress while being apart of multiple clubs and the girls soccer team. She is also the president of student council and plays a major role in this school.

Senior Jenna Phelps manages school and stress while being a part of multiple clubs and the girls soccer team. Phelps is the president of student council, a member of the TRUST club, and is a Stillwater superfan. She also holds three jobs outside of school. While participating in all of these activities, she is able to balance her performance in the classroom and on the field.

One of the most important roles a student can hold at the high school is becoming a president of student council. Phelps has taken on this role for the 23-24 school year. She is a co-president with senior Sam Young, and they have already been able to build many relationships with the student body and staff members.

“I definitely have a lot of relationships with staff at the school. I think that some of the staff at my school I’d actually consider like friends, and people I genuinely enjoy,” Phelps explained.

While being a leader of student council is a privilege, it also comes with a ton of responsibility. Phelps strives to make sure that all of the work, such as organizing school dances and pep fest, and running student council is done efficiently.

“Sometimes on student council people don’t do everything they are asked of and she feels the need to always step up and do all the work when other people don’t do what they are supposed to,” sophomore Marit Wolden explained.

Being a leader of student council comes with many responsibilities and a large leadership role for the school. There are a lot of things which are done behind the scenes to make the school a better place.

Phelps explained how there are a lot of rules that they have to follow that not everyone can see, and how they receive a lot of judgment with the decisions that they make to better the school and community.

She likes to run things and I think she really wanted her voice in the school to help choose what happens in our school and I think that is especially why she ran just because she likes having her opinion be made and letting her help better the school.

— Grace Schwoch

Phelps is a bubbly and positive person who wants to make the school a better place for all students. She has continued to make changes throughout her time on student council and has had a large impact on the school.

“She likes to run things and I think she really wanted her voice in the school to help choose what happens in our school and I think that is especially why she ran just because she likes having her opinion be made and letting her help better the school,” senior Grace Schwoch explained.

Phelps was also a member of the girls soccer team throughout her high school career. During her time on the team, there was no doubt that she was a leader and a player who consistently gave it her all.

“I think she just has a good like work mentality, and good work ethic, and I think that translates into everything she does even though she has a busy life,” Schwoch explained.

Outside of school Phelps holds multiple jobs, one of them being working at Crisp & Green. While working outside of school she is able to continue to thrive in the classroom and contribute positively to multiple clubs and soccer.

Although it becomes stressful at times she uses different ways to calm her mind and body. When she has downtime she likes to read and color because it is “a really good way for me to unwind and not be stressed out because it is a moment to reflect on things,” Phelps explained.

Phelps is a hardworking student, who is able to use different ways to be able to manage her stress. Although it can be hard at times she is always able to be a leader for the student body, and make the school a better place to be at. She makes all people feel welcome, and never lets anything get in the way of making the high school feel like a safe and fun place to be.