Theater department gets ready for ‘The One-Act Play That Goes Wrong’

Actors and actresses prepare for fall play to perform in November

Actors and actresses are working hard to prepare for “The One-Act Play that Goes Wrong.” A murder mystery play goes along, but from the very beginning things are going wrong. Set pieces are falling, props are misplaced, forgetting lines and so much more.

As the theater department continues through the process of getting ready for the show in November, there are some new faces and changes to the department this year. First, there is Jason Stone who is the Assistant Director and is working closely with Director Grif Sadow who has been working in the department for many years. Second there is Ann Clark who is the Stage Manager and Third Matt Lamere the Assistant Technical Director who works closely with Brian McTeir the Technical Director.

Another big change for this year’s production is that there are three separate casts doing the same production. Since this show only has 11 characters in each cast, this means there are 33 people all working together to get this ready for the upcoming performances. This way with three different casts it is able to give more opportunities for others whether they are just there for fun or they are wanting to get a more college level experience.

The show itself is a murder mystery. After Charles Haversham the owner of Haversham Manor is murdered they have to figure out who committed the crime. Only four other people were in the manor at the time so who could have done it? As the actors and actresses are performing, things begin to go horribly wrong. People forget lines, people argue back and forth, props are misplaced, set pieces are falling, overwhelmed “understudies” and so much more.

This show is a must see if you like comedy and a little bit of a murder mystery.

All of the actors and actresses are working so hard to make their acting seem as realistic as possible and it is very convincing. From the reactions of all the things going on around them, all the creative bits and reactions the directors are adding along with the British dialect that students are learning from Jason Stone and on top of all that all of the comedy aspects of the whole show makes it so much more entertaining.

You can go see this exciting murder mystery comedy “The One-Act Play That Goes Wrong” on Nov. 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 at 7 p.m. and Nov. 4 and 5 at 2 p.m.