Mockingjay part two sets theaters on fire

Erin Lemanski, Photographer

Mockingjay Part Two
Erin Lemanski
Mockingjay Part Two

Many have kept up with the Hunger Games series, whether it be by reading books or watching the movies. Now the moment has come for the series to come to an end. The producers of Mockingjay part two have released the final trailer for the new movie. Leaving viewers anticipating the day they will get to see it in theaters. The film came out in theaters on Nov. 20 resulting in a positive reaction from crowds.

Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss Everdeen), also known as the girl on fire, with the help of her partner Josh Hutcherson (Peeta Mellark) have created an amazing movie loved by all ages. Theaters all around have opened up their doors for a midnight premieres of the movie. Most have taken advantage of this offer and purchased their tickets for the early showing.

Most had mixed emotions while watching the trailer. When comparing a book to a movie, people “see” a scene different while reading the book. Thus making it a difficult movie to produce. As a result of this, viewers were worried about whether or not the movie would live up to their expectations.

“When I first saw the trailer I got really pumped because I can’t wait to see what happens next. Later after seeing the movie I was relieved the book and the movies stayed similar,” junior Alyssa Woodward said.

This movie’s chain came from the top rated book series written by Suzanne Collins. Students are speculative if the movie will stay true to the books, or completely disregard the movies like most other books turned into movies do.  

“I have read all the books and I think they could do a better job relating the books to most of the movies, however, the only parts they leave out are small little details, ” senior Ana Souffront said.  

Like every famous movie, people get attached to a character. There can be many reasons leading into their liking for that character, whether it be they relate to them or they just enjoy their acting. Most students seem to be clinging to Peeta.

Junior Samantha Magler said, “My favorite character is Peeta because he seems to care about Katniss a lot.”

Mockingjay is one book that was split into two parts to help fit in as much of the story as the producers could. Because of this, Hunger Games fans have taken a defensive stance as to where part one left off. Most would say it ended too abrupt with no further explanation of what would happen next.

Woodward said, “I think they ended part one at an awkward spot because it was right when all the action started to happen.”

Others would beg to differ about where the movie left off. Most students agreed that it was the perfect place to leave off in Mockingjay pt.1.

“I thought it was the perfect place to stop the movie. It leaves you sitting on the edge of your seat,” Souffront said.

Many are excited to see how the series will end. By watching the trailer students have already picked out a scene they are looking forward to see in the movie.

Souffront said, “Honestly, I’m just excited to see the director’s interpretation of the film as a whole. I love seeing how other people interpret the books into movies.”

After seeing the movie students developed their own comments and critiques of the movie. Students were happy to see the movie they have been waiting to see lived up to their high expectations.

Souffront said, “I would 10/10 recommend everyone to see Mockingjay part two. It was an amazing film and I’m happy it stayed true to the books. I didn’t see any major differences.”

This franchise has a large viewing pool resulting in many attending the release of the movie. Students who have seen the movie are looking for excuses to go see it again. They especially enjoyed the acting and the portrayal of the characters. The film is a success and students should take the time out of their day to go watch it. “Mockingjay was so amazing I am looking for excuses to go see it again,” Souffront said.