Patagonia outerwear gaining popularity

Kaitlyn Wylie, Fashion Blog Editor

A new trending store called Patagonia is making its way to the fashion table. In case people did not know Patagonia is a store much like the brand North Face with backpacks, sweatshirts, shirts and much more. “Patagonia grew out of a small company that made climber tools” stated the Patagonia website.

The store is based on an outdoor theme, in which people can purchase equipment to go out into the outdoors feeling warm and confident.

“Alpinism remains at the heart of the worldwide business that still makes clothing for climbing as well as skiing, snowboarding, surfing, fly fishing, paddling and trail running”, explained the Patagonia website.

The store was once just a place for climbing tools and such, but now they have expanded the activities the store can hold, not only for climbing, but for other things too. By making Patagonia, further their activities that they sell, they have not only grown in popularity, but also business wise.

People all over our school and community love the store. Junior Kaylee Payne has recently heard of the store, “I actually just recently started going there, but I really like the store, and I definitely will go back soon.” As Patagonia is becoming more familiar, more people are starting to hear about the sports/apparel store and check it out.

Payne explained the difference between other stores and Patagonia, “Right when you go in the store you can see how organized, and put to perfection the store is, it’s very neat in the store unlike a lot of other stores” she stated. Neatness does make a difference she added.

With these following wise words it really makes people think about their connection with nature. “Reward comes in the form of hard won grace and moments of connection between us and nature,” the Patagonia website explained.

The store wants its buyers to connect with nature and feel a sensation of relief and calmness. Sophomore Sonia Moran explained, “ When you walk into Patagonia is it relaxing, and very calm. You really feel at peace there, that is one of the reasons I really like it there.”

It is really important for a store and or brand to connect with the consumers of it, giving the customers a feeling like they are important to the store. That is exactly what Patagonia is doing, and that is why the store is becoming more well known to a lot of people. Stores that genuinely care about the well-being of consumers are usually the ones that succeed and carry out with their businesses becoming more and more great. With all of the students and people in the community Patagonia is becoming more of a well known store, and will be well known for a long time.