Super Fans dedicate themselves to supporting Stillwater teams

Photo by Megan Aller

Super Fans are there to cheer on their teams despite weather.

Annie McHugh

With fall sports underway, the students at Stillwater Area High School prepare for another roaring year in the stands led by  Pony Super Fans. This fall, Stillwater is directed by 14 vivacious Super Fans.

These super fans are not just dedicated, showing up to all the games, rain or shine, but they also fill the stands with  tenacious energetic  cheers supporting and encouraging Stillwater’s outstanding teams playing with pony pride, and leading the teams to bring home more victorious honors and metals .

These energetic leaders even have fans of their own. Junior Robbie Junker is not only a fan of the game, but also the devoted super fans.

When asked if he thinks  the super fans make a difference at the games his fast response of, “ Yeah, they fill the stands with school pride,” shows how much these students at Stillwater appreciate the crowd-pleasers.

Pony Super Fan, senior Kayla Tobias, hopes “To have people at every sport, not just the main ones like football and volleyball.”

Tobias does not only come to all the games, cheering on our teams, filling the stands with zeal and pride, she also has advice for future Pony Super Fan: “Just have fun and don’t make it so serious.”

Another one of the remarkable Super fans is senior Mitch Bruggers, whose favorite part of being one of Stillwater’s spirit conductors is “being a team” which is exactly what SAHS is. Whether on the field, leading the cheers, or being in the stands, Stillwater is a team relying on one another for victory or rising up after a hard defeat.

Stillwater’s school spirit is owed to these super fans who make students high school years memorable and prideful. Many outgoing people are not only in awe by these crowd pleasers but wish to be one someday. This wish is very possible by going to the Activity Center located in the SAHS lunch room where any students wishing to become a super fan can fill out an application and be a part of the pony’s spirit conductors cheering on pony teams, filling the crowd with excitement and support and gaining fans of their own.

SAHS has become a “very prideful” school with our football  team being  viewed on ESPN2, a number of wins brought to us by our boys and girls pony teams, accompanied by a red, black and white cheering section led by Stillwater’s super fans following their players, encouraging them onto the field for another pony victory.