Intramural bowling keeps on rolling

Nick Brevitz

Intramural sports at Stillwater Area High School are always a huge hit and bowling is no exception.

Bonding students together and enabling friends to compete and have fun without taking up too much of their time is the goal of intramural sports.

“I played intramural dodgeball and I’m on a volleyball team right now and bowling would definitely be another activity I would participate in but I didn’t get a chance this spring so I really want to next fall,” said junior Carlie Hart.

Ralph Halvorson is in charge of all intramural sports at SAHS and also set up the bowling league. The bowlers gathered on Wednesday nights at Stillwater Bowl and competed on four different wednesdays. The playoffs took place on April 30th.

“I’m not very good at bowling and I don’t usually get the chance to go very much and when I go I probably don’t even keep score correctly so I think now that I will join and get more experience. It will be nice to learn how to actually keep score and hopefully I’ll get better as the season goes on,” said sophomore Olivia Arkell.

All the students who participated in the bowling league had a great time and many plan to do it again next year.

“Stillwater Bowl is very accommodating and made the experience so much fun I will for sure do it again next year,” said junior Max Stevens.

All in all the bowling season was successful and students will continue to enjoy it for years to come with the help of Stillwater Bowl.