Stillwater Pony Express

Kung Fu Panda makes final skadoosh in theaters

Fair use image from dreamworks.com
Kung Fu Panda 4 came out on March 8 and was a big success. The cover poster for the movie captures exactly what the movie is about.

Pow! Wack! Swoosh! Smack! Boom! Po the kung fu fighting panda jumps onto the screens of audience members with his signature phrase that he uses to finish all his battles: Skadoosh! “Kung Fu Panda 4” came out March 8 and is an exciting and goofy movie that engages the audience.

The Kung Fu Panda series has been going on for almost two decades. It has been a classic kids movie ever since the first movie came out in 2008. With actors like Jack Black, James Hong and Awkwafina that drive good characters.

The movie starts with Master Shifu telling Po that he has to retire from being the Dragon Warrior and become the Spiritual Leader of the Valley of Peace. On top of that there is also an evil sorceress trying to take over the world. Po goes off on a journey with a thief who expectedly makes an impact on Po, but he also makes an impact on her.

The storyline of the movie is clear and concise with a relatively easy plot to follow. There are constant engaging moments that draw viewers in keeping the audience from being bored.

At some moments the story is very predictable like when Zhen (the thief that Po befriends) starts training at the Jade Palace to become the new Dragon Warrior at the end of the movie. While the other side of this, the shocking parts like when Tai Lung turns out to be the evil sorceress the Chameleon make a good balance that is needed for a good story.

The movie also is a good ending to the series, wrapping it up with a strong finish.”

The movie is very comedic, with lots of jokes blended throughout the story. Sometimes lots of jokes in movies can feel overbearing and overdone, but in the case with this movie it is not. The jokes add to the already good story and make a slightly darker theme have some lightness. They create laughter and smiles that make lasting memories. Though there are a few jokes that are childish humor, we must remember this movie is intended for children.

There are lots of running jokes throughout the movie like the one where when either one of his dad’s either his duck dad or panda dad says they’re Po’s father the other one always chimes in a says he is also Po’s father. It is one of the many funny things those characters do throughout the movie that create them to be a silly duo.

The movie also is a good ending to the series, wrapping it up with a strong finish. While it is not confirmed that this will be the final movie in the series, it is a very likely chance it will be. Unless Dreamworks wants to be like Disney and make 5 “Toy Story” movies.

Po is retiring from the position he has held since he got it when the series first began. The figurative and literal passing of the batton to the next person, which in this case is Zhen makes an ending to the Kung Fu Panda’s movies.

This movie is recommended to anyone who is a fan of the “Kung Fu Panda” series, or even anyone who just wants to watch a silly cartoon movie that has a good story and a heartwarming ending.