Life coaching classes offered in Stillwater

Uncommon Age, in downtown Stillwater, has introduced a new life coaching class that works to teach new habits and improve the lives of its participants.

Photo by Andrea Rustad

The fitness and training studio Uncommon Age in downtown Stillwater now has added a life coaching class to their repertoire. The studio is dedicated to improving people’s lives both physically and mentally, and this is simply another important layer of that process.

“Everyday through our movements, our thoughts, what we choose to eat…drives what we are tomorrow,” said founder Marty Lawson on uncommonage.com, her website.

The life coaching offered at her studio will teach people the skills necessary to improve their wellness so they can also improve their future. It is difficult for the brain to adapt to new, drastic changes right away, but the coaches know how to prepare and progress in the best ways.

“By rewiring with new habits, good movement, good nutrition… the process of change is more manageable and enjoyable.

— Marty Lawson

“By rewiring with new habits, good movement, good nutrition… the process of change is more manageable and enjoyable,” said Larson. “By changing the interpretation of your body’s signals, you can change your life and achieve the goals you have always sought.”

Each person is unique, and the coaches at Uncommon Age recognize this. This is why they are different – they use their knowledge to formulate and adjust unique wellness plans for each client, based on their personal aspects.

“We look at your whole health and lifestyle to help you determine the best and most efficient way to achieve your goals based on your individual needs,” said Larson. “Individualization is the key, and because everyone responds differently…there is no single plan or complicated diet, just education, encouragement and inspiration.”

Larson’s students have responded well to her coaching validating “Best Personal Trainer in the River Valley” award her studio earned. The individual plans and her unique teaching methods help each one to feel their best.

“Marty is a person who makes coming to class fun, has a keen eye for detail with each student even in large classes, and knows when to push her students without going too far. She is always aware of individual limitations so is careful with each person in avoiding injury,” said student Dean T.

Larson works hard to keep herself and her clients in the best shape mentally and physically. Although it is always difficult to change your health and outlook, it can be done, and with a little help from the life coaches at Uncommon Age, it becomes easier.

“But the big secret to lasting body and life recomposition is not the program,” said Larson. “It’s persistence, education and awareness.”