Alpine ski team looking to repeat past success

Alternative copy story by Kate Poor

After high finishes at the state tournament last year, both alpine ski teams are looking to repeat the same success this season.  Their first meet is on Dec. 18, which will be captain Hunter Kahn’s debut as a team captain.  To see what he had to say, view the infographic above.

Kate Poor, Distribution Reporter

Kate Poor is a junior and a Distribution Reporter for the Pony Express. She writes in the News and Activities department. Kate runs Cross Country and enjoys snowboarding in the winter. A fun fact about herself is that she likes to travel and has been to almost every state in the US.

19 Responses to “Alpine ski team looking to repeat past success”

1. Emma Polucha on January 10th, 2018 8:20 am

I love the photo as the background. It shows the action of skiing. I know Hunter’s last name was spelt wrong once so just make sure you’re checking spelling. I’m glad you put the previous year’s experience. It helped show what the team’s goal is for this year.

2. Katelyn Krech on January 10th, 2018 10:20 am

Gives a good visual and description on the season

3. Gabrielle Danielson on January 11th, 2018 10:59 am

I absolutely love this. The photo in the background is amazing. I love that it is very simple but I still get a lot of good information about the team. I do agree with Emma next time just check to make sure everything is spelled right.

4. Fotini Kloos on January 12th, 2018 10:16 am

The picture in the background is what drew me in. Its beautiful and describes the overall theme of the alt. copy! I love how there is 3 quotes and then a tiny, but brief explanation in the background. It really gives me good insight on what some of the students feel about skiing with it being very simple and appealing to read!

5. Chloe Squires on January 15th, 2018 2:24 pm

Really awesome photo! I love how the amount of information isn’t overpowering, it looks clean and simple.

6. Hannah Sween on January 16th, 2018 1:52 pm

This alternative copy is so visually interesting! I think using a dynamic photo like that as the background was a really smart design choice. However, Hunter’s last name is spelled two different ways on the alternative copy so in the future we need to pay closer attention to spelling continuities.

7. Benjamin Valerius on January 16th, 2018 2:00 pm

The alt copy is very visually appealing and draws in the reader! I like the photo used and interesting quotes.

8. Jesse Brown on January 16th, 2018 2:42 pm

The first thing that caught my eye was the photo in the background of the alt copy story. It is a great photo that expresses a lot of detail and what it looks like in action. The alt copy story held a lot of key information and facts about how they did last season. There was also a good selection of quotes used and it was good to add what the team’s goal is for this upcoming season.

9. Arieanna Junghans on January 16th, 2018 6:55 pm

I really like this alternative copy! The picture is really cool and I thought the quotes were informative and descriptive.

10. Andrew Phan on January 16th, 2018 9:06 pm

Love the background picture being white with the snow and the text is black so it contrasts well. It could’ve used a quote from a coach to strengthen the story.

11. Paxton Watson on January 16th, 2018 9:12 pm

I really liked the alternative copy for this. The background was done really nicely. It was also really informative and gave me a lot of good information. The skier in the background does a good job of drawing you in to the Alt copy.

12. Aubrey Kelley on January 16th, 2018 11:51 pm

This alternative copy story is very visually pleasing, the image in the background really drew me in. It is interesting and pleasing to look at, it also contrasts the black text very well and makes the quotes pop. However, I think a different font could have been beneficial to make it interesting because there is not much happening except for the image in the background. I really liked the quotes chosen and I think it was really well done.

13. Mark O’Shea on January 17th, 2018 7:31 am

It would be nice to have more data about previous season but very well worded and I love the quotes

14. Susan Hubbard on January 17th, 2018 8:03 am

I liked the background. Check some spelling. Goid article!

15. Mason Wylie on January 17th, 2018 8:08 am

I really like the picture in the background, and I feel that it unifies the whole alt copy. I also like the collection of quotes, and I feel that they get things going for the new season.

16. Emma Lowey on January 17th, 2018 10:59 am

The background of this alt story is striking, I liked how she used an action shot for it. Her quotes were in-depth and nicely placed in the layout of the story.

17. Noah Schoolman on January 17th, 2018 3:19 pm

I like the picture in the background, it really caught my attention and is more visually appealing than just a color in the background. Obviously, just make sure that everything is spelled right.

18. Ellie Fedorowski on February 6th, 2018 9:18 pm

I really enjoyed reading this alt. copy! has a lot of information. The photo in the background make the story come alive! love it!

19. Mya Lysne on February 26th, 2018 8:16 am

Picture is great! The font and color of the text makes it pop, and is easy to read.

• Alpine ski team looking to repeat past success

Alternative Copy Stories

Alternatives to colleges create opportunities

Alternative Copy Stories

Synchronized swimming looking to make season a team effort

Alternative Copy Stories

Melania Trump tackles cyber bullying

Alternative Copy Stories

Technology varies in impact on teen health

Alternative Copy Stories

Simulators do not slow boys golf

Alternative Copy Stories

HQ Trivia launches large

Alternative Copy Stories

First ever girls ultimate frisbee team emerges

Alternative Copy Stories

Speech student, Noah Schraut, reaches nationals

Alternative Copy Stories

Boys, girls track look to follow up last year’s run

Alternative Copy Stories

With core intact, softball looking to make run