Yaeger steps in as new health teacher

Carson Kuball

After several years of teaching health at the high school, Deborah VanKlei has left.  Taking her place is health teacher and football coach, Adam Yaeger.

Yaeger grew up and went to high school in Spencer, Wis. He and his family just recently moved here after teaching in central Wis. for eleven years. He is a graduate from University of Wisconsin Steven’s Point and also has his masters from St. Mary’s of Minn.  Yaeger has been teaching in PE and Health for a total of thirteen years.

He has only been in Stillwater for a short while, but is already enjoying his experience.  His family loves the area, and he has connected with the students, athletes  and the school.

I have enjoyed working with students whether it be through athletics or in the classroom. It’s been a positive learning experience.

— Adam Yaeger

“My experience at SAHS has been great. I have enjoyed working with students whether it be through athletics or in the classroom.  It’s been a positive learning experience,” said Yaeger.

Yaeger is not only a health teacher, but has also been extremely athletically involved.  As a high school student, he was involved in football, basketball, baseball and track and field, among others.  He also has coaching experience in football, basketball, baseball and weight training. Yaeger has managed the youth baseball program for the past three springs.

At Stillwater, he has been involved as the sophomore coach on the football team this past season.  He has also spent time with Coach Weiss in the weight room helping where he can.

Yaeger said, “It was a great experience and season.  There are so many great student athletes that I was fortunate to work with.”

Health and fitness have always played a large role in Yaeger’s life.  From athletics growing up to simply making a healthy lifestyle important, he has been involved in this area for years.  Becoming a health teacher seemed only natural.

“Athletics and overall health and fitness have always been a big part of my life.  I enjoy working with people, so this job seemed to make sense,” said Yaeger.

Yaeger has spent his life focusing on good health and fitness.  He chose to use his passion to  teach students about how important these things are in life.  A healthy and active lifestyle is something that all people should have knowledge on; Yaeger is simply aiding in spreading the message.

“At this point, I am very happy as a teacher and to have to opportunity to help others in hopes that I can make a small, positive difference in the lives of young people,” said Yaeger.

Yaeger enjoys being a teacher and accepted the position at SAHS in hopes of remaining here.