Quinton Whites’ dream becomes reality

Photo submitted by Heather White

Senior Quinton White beats his defender around the net, getting the assist against the zephers making the score 7-11.

Alex Corbett, Distribution Reporter

Athletes dream of “going pro,” but the step before that is competing in college sports. Senior Quinton White has recently completed that first step by committing to Stevenson University in Maryland to play division three lacrosse next fall.

“Last year, I tried to make it obvious to the college coaches that I could play in the next level and I guess they had to agree,” White said.

White has been playing lacrosse for eight years, however he originally played baseball as a kid, but it was not as much fun as lacrosse.

“My good buddies Theo Robinson and Jack Konigson, who started a year before when I played baseball, asked me if I wanted to play, and it went from there,” White said.

White has been playing varsity since sophomore year and has been starting every game with exceptional play and scores once or more every game.

The kid can just put the ball in the net.

— Isaac Albers

“All I remember I was a freshman and we were both on JV the first game, then the next game he was starting varsity and I believe he became an all-star player from then on,” junior Isaac Albers said.

White plays attack on the left side using his left hand to his advantage, but he can shoot from anywhere with both hands, which makes him a threat for the defenders.

“The kid can just put the ball in the net. He’s got a shake off his defender and he can shoot it from anywhere on the field,” Albers said.

In the off season, White plays box and club lacrosse for the True National Prospect team, which helps prepare him for the high school season. 

Coach Todd Arens sees White working in the off season with his “box lacrosse experience which is really important to develop his scoring.”

In lacrosse, players can start talking to college coaches on Sept 1 of your junior year, but White waited a year so he picked the best school for him.

“Being patient to make sure it is the right school for you is difficult, but I believe Quinton made the right decision,” Arens said.

Arens believes White’s drive and passion for lacrosse grows every year, which brings him into his senior season where White is projected to be the best attack man on the field for the Ponies.