Lysne expresses indescribable love for music

Emma Urban, Photographer

Senior Mya Lysne is a singer, song writer and is capable of playing many instruments. Lysne joined an all-girl band and stands up for what she believes. Lysne has been passionate about music her whole life and is taking every opportunity she can to improve her skills.

Lysne has been motivated her whole life and always had a passion for music. Music has always came naturally to her and she has always felt comfortable doing it and being able to try new things.

“Music is something that I always am in the mood for. Music is the one thing that I truly believe I couldn’t live without. I always want to try playing new instruments because I see other people playing them and that inspires me. I can play the guitar, piano, trombone and ukulele, but I mostly like to focus on my voice,” Lysne said.

How Lysne entered the music world

Singing plays a huge role in Lysne’s life. She has always favored singing over all the other musical skills she is able to perform.

“Ive been singing since the day I came out of the womb. I can’t remember a day in my life where I hadn’t been singing,” Lysne said.

Lysne never imagined taking her music career into being a band member.  Lysne was able to get a group of girls together and make something special out of it. She took the risk and enjoyed the outcome.

“I am kind of all over the place in my band. Sometimes I’m the lead singer, other times I’m just playing instruments. Being in a band is something I don’t realize I love that much until I’m on the stage performing, because I’m the type of person who feels the need to have total control of everything, ” Lysne said.

Performing just really gives me this thrill that I can’t get any other way. No matter what I’m doing, whether I’m singing or playing guitar. Whenever I’m performing on stage I get this feeling and I never want it to leave, it’s so hard to explain. This feeling I get is what keeps me going. This is why I’m here. This is what I want to do with my life. This is what this is the best feeling ever.”

— Mya Lysne

Passion Lysne has for performing 

Lysne’s band is different from others in the school. Her band sticks out because it is the only all-girl band in the school. In the past, there were not many bands she could look up to because of the fact that she was in an all-girl band.

“I think it’s really cool being in an all-girl band because there is a lot of sexism in our school when it comes to music. You don’t necisarilly notice it until it is effecting you personally. We want other people to know that we can do this too, and that we are good at it,” Lysne said.

Being in a band has made Lysne feel inspired to go out and create new music. Performing gives her an indescribable feeling that she never wants to lose. Playing on stage is her favorite thing to do and could not live without the feeling the experience gives her.

“Performing just really gives me this thrill that I can’t get any other way. No matter what I’m doing, whether I’m singing or playing guitar. Whenever I’m performing on stage I get this feeling and I never want it to leave, it’s so hard to explain. This feeling I get is what keeps me going. This is why I’m here. This is what I want to do with my life. This is what this is the best feeling ever,”  Lysne said.

Lysne is living a dream that she never thought she would be able to live. She is creating new music everyday with her best friends and is able to share it with the public. Performing music is her passion and it is the reason she is here. Lysne has accomplished so much performing, and is planning to have a busy future of what she is passionate about.

Emma Urban, Photographer

I am Emma Urban, I am a junior and  I am a photographer. I play tennis and I am the boys basketball manager. I enjoy hanging out with my friends in my...