Boys, girls track look to follow up last year’s run

Alternative Copy Story and photos by Jameson Stahl

Track and field season is about to jump off the gun, and this year’s group of Ponies are looking to bolt ahead.  The girls and boys team were successful last year, and are looking to back that up.  Long distance running is the team’s strength, while events in the field lack the depth the runners have.

Jameson Stahl, Editor-in-Chief

Jameson Stahl is an Online Editor-in-Chief for the Pony Express newspaper. Outside of school he plays lacrosse for the high school and for the Minnesota Loons select team, enjoys spending time outdoors, especially fishing, and likes hanging out with friends. His favorite parts of newspaper are learning more about the people and events at our school and working with new people.

10 Responses to “Boys, girls track look to follow up last year’s run”

1. Max Kennedy on April 9th, 2018 10:22 pm

I like your background because it was used effectively and I can see the text very well which is very helpful for me and it draws me in. I also think that your schedule on the right is very helpful in showing the reader where the team goes. What could use some help is some more dynamic quotes that dont repeat themselves but other than that its a solid article.

2. Wyatt Wasko on April 11th, 2018 9:05 am

This story is very appealing to the eye. The use of the background being the track is a very good touch as it applies to the story. Also the schedules on the right are a great addition as they show the schedules that the track teams will endure throughout the season.

3. Mark O’Shea on April 13th, 2018 5:23 pm

The use of a black and white background and the bold red for text was a great choice it really catches the eye and draws in the reader. Overall the article is very informative, would be nice to have quotes from different groups of the team like throwers or verticals or sprinters.

4. Malaina Fragnito on April 20th, 2018 10:21 am

I like that the background is the track and the colors are our school colors which showcases the team very well. I also like that the alt copy features some of the “star” runners of the team to show how the team is being built up/supported. This is organized very nice, great job!

5. Andrew Phan on April 22nd, 2018 6:14 pm

The background of the alternative story is very good it goes with the story. The text contrast from the picture making it readable. The quotes are lacking a bit of variety with our track team being split into four teams. Information with the track schedule is helpful.

6. Susan Hubbard on April 22nd, 2018 10:50 pm

The schedule was hard to read and some of the terminology, such as “jump off the gun”, is not what we would say. Also, the girls team never made it to True Team State last year, that was only the boys.

7. Josefina Scherek on April 23rd, 2018 7:45 am

Well rounded background information that was used effectively within the article! I’d suggest having a more team based focus next time for a sports team article rather than an indivudal focus.

8. Mackenzie Motz on April 23rd, 2018 9:46 pm

I loved the color scheme of this alt copy! It was very appealing and I like how they used the track for the background. It really showcased our school’s colors too which was cool to see! However some of the text could have been bolded or something because it was kind of hard to read all the good information.

9. Will Gleason on April 24th, 2018 7:57 am

I really like the background, not only because it’s easy to read the text off of it but also because it’s just a neat picture that’s relevant to your story. You also do a great job on informing the readers. You explain the teams strengths and what they hope to accomplish.

10. Aubrey Kelley on April 24th, 2018 9:01 am

I like all the information this alt copy proved, however the background image makes it difficult to read the text on the story. The colors don’t contrast enough to make it easy to read. Everything is organized though, and the information is well researched and gathered.

• Boys, girls track look to follow up last year’s run

Alternative Copy Stories

Alternatives to colleges create opportunities

Alternative Copy Stories

Synchronized swimming looking to make season a team effort

Alternative Copy Stories

Melania Trump tackles cyber bullying

Alternative Copy Stories

Technology varies in impact on teen health

Alternative Copy Stories

Simulators do not slow boys golf

Alternative Copy Stories

HQ Trivia launches large

Alternative Copy Stories

First ever girls ultimate frisbee team emerges

Alternative Copy Stories

Speech student, Noah Schraut, reaches nationals

Alternative Copy Stories

With core intact, softball looking to make run

Alternative Copy Stories

Weight shaming occurring on social media