Alternative Copy Story and Photos by Cassie Ales

What’s in Mr. Hamilton’s desk?

Pete Hamilton is one of the math teachers that teach Algebra 3 in the flex room. Hamilton is known for sporting iconic beards, his love for hockey, and his wacky sense of humor. He shares his desk and room with another math teacher, Mike Parker. They team-teach their students together at the front of the classroom. Luckily, their close friendship allows their situation to work out quite well.

• M

Mac SchlenkerJan 17, 2018 at 7:14 am

Using Hamilton who is known to be a fun teacher works well with the style of the alt copy. The good use of text and word choice helps to support and put reason behind the many images.

Reply
  • J

Joseph BlomquistJan 16, 2018 at 1:42 pm

I really like the colors of the alt copy and the information included, the stories about what’s in a desk are always interesting, but the pictures are small

Reply
  • A

Arieanna JunghansJan 1, 2018 at 2:04 pm

I wish the pictures for the alternative copy were brighter. I think the arrows are distracting but I really the quotes and information that was shared.

Reply
  • T

Tess SchoenbornDec 18, 2017 at 9:30 pm

I love Hamilton and Parker and I love that the students in our school and other students and adults have access to such hilarious and fun articles. It really means a lot to me that we can have some serious articles, but we can also have fun and write funny stories too.

Reply
  • A

Austin BegnaudDec 18, 2017 at 8:02 pm

This is a very well done story. I love reading about wacky things like this and the alternative copy really caught my attention. The arrows help guide what to look for and Mr. Parkers picture is funny. The deodorant is a little weird but again, humorous and entertaining article.

Reply
  • F

Fotini KloosDec 18, 2017 at 8:54 am

I actually really liked the layout of the alt. copy. It was kind of organized in the sense of the arrows pointing to the object that is being talked about, but at the same time it is very bland color-wise. I think you could’ve made the font color or background color, maybe even the font type something different to draw people in even more. Otherwise it was overall pretty interesting!

Reply
  • A

Aubrey KelleyDec 18, 2017 at 7:27 am

The story is interesting and the layout caught my attention which drew me in. However, it appears a little busy and disorganized; I think it could be more balanced and organized in order to flow my attention throughout the layout easier. The arrows and pictures make it fun to look at and keep me interested while I am reading.

Reply
  • A

Aubrey KelleyDec 18, 2017 at 7:25 am

Pony express

Reply
  • H

Hannah SweenDec 17, 2017 at 11:23 pm

I love this alternative copy! I think that this is such a fun part of each issue. Very well done and I think that this definitely captures Hamilton and Parker’s goofiness. One thing that could be changed however is that the font next to the QR code is somewhat hard to read and would be better if it were changed to a more legible font.

Reply
  • K

Katelyn KrechDec 17, 2017 at 7:16 pm

A catchy headline that will make students want to know more.

Reply
  • M

Mikayla CousineauDec 16, 2017 at 3:44 pm

Knowing that Mr. Hamilton and Mr. Parker are a very comedic duo, I was excited to see they were featured in a story. The quotes did a great job of captivating their personalities, which I believe to be a key purpose of these types of stories. It was fun to see that original items were picked for the issue, and the language used to describe them was amusing. The layout was very neat and its colors draw attention to the story. Awesome work!

Reply
  • A

Alyssa BumpDec 14, 2017 at 5:05 pm

I was drawn to this article because of the color of the alt copy along with the pictures. I like the quote by Mr. Parker about them sharing a desk because it brings some humor into the article. I also really like that its mostly pictures, because pictures are more fun to look at then a bunch of words. Overall I really like this story because its informational yet exciting.

Reply
  • W

Wyatt WaskoDec 13, 2017 at 9:19 am

I think that this story was very well done. The chatter along with the pictures make it interesting to the readers. I also think that the couple of quotes that are on the alt copy story make it in a way more comical as Mr. Hamilton and Mr. Parker are teachers that do in fact have fun with their job and like to have fun with their students.

Reply