Filed under Fall Sports, Sports

Volleyball concludes state run with 7th place finish

Infographic by Hunter Hippel

This season, Ponies volleyball made a run all the way to the state tournament, which was held at Xcel Energy Center.  Led by seniors Rachel Houle, Kayla Gjerde and Katie Krenz, the Ponies finished 7th in the state after losses to Lakeville and Champlin Park.  See the infographic above for quotes from the girls, pictures from their late season contests, and their state tournament results.

11 Responses to “Volleyball concludes state run with 7th place finish”

1. Fotini Kloos on December 4th, 2017 12:42 pm

I love the set up in this alt copy. Its very organized and that’s what drew my eye. I love the quotes and how they are right next to the faces of some of the girls on the team. I also really like how they gave stats on their state games because I feel as though even if I wasn’t there, there was enough info in this alt copy that I didn’t need to be there!

2. Andrew Phan on December 4th, 2017 6:08 pm

The headline is positive even though the team didn’t place as high as they wanted it’s not a negative headline. The quotes are good but it would’ve been cool to see the different grades of girls on the team for some variety. The alt copy could’ve included their overall season record somewhere but the stats on their two state games are good and picture fit their road to state.

3. Gabrielle Danielson on December 6th, 2017 8:13 am

I really enjoy the layout of this article. I am able to read and find everything clearly without feeling overwhelmed. I also like that the colors used are school colors it really shows school pride. I agree with Fotini as well about having the stats on the article it helps those that where unable to attend know how the games went down. Overall I really enjoyed this article.

4. Jesse Brown on December 6th, 2017 8:58 am

This alternative copy story is set up very nicely, and it has a good flow to it. The left side of the story provides information and photos of the team in action, and the right side contains quotes from a few of the players, and who they faced and how they did in state. I think the story meets all the requirements and it has everything that it needs. I really like the story and the layout of the story is what really grabbed my attention. One thing that I would’ve liked to see is their whole regular season schedule and how they did. Overall I thought the author did a very good job, and the story was a very successful alternative copy story.

5. Paxton Watson on December 6th, 2017 9:52 am

I love the pictures of the girls I thought they were a really nice touch. I also thought the colors in the back and fore ground went together really well together. I thought that the quotes were also really good and gave me more detail about the team and the girls. The organization and the clean look of the Alt. Copy was really nice. Good Job!

6. Logan Huber on December 17th, 2017 2:49 pm

I really like this alt copy. You have some good facts and info and also good quotes. It is cool how you included pictures and quotes from the three girls seperately and it was good that you had also put the girls state results in the alt copy. it would’ve been nice if you could’ve inclduded the girls whole season schedule and results as well.

7. Katelyn Krech on December 17th, 2017 7:16 pm

Shows good information on how they did and gives a good visual

8. Max Kennedy on December 18th, 2017 1:08 am

This graphic is well balanced and informative. you did a good job on conveying the information on all parts of the graphic. I also liked all the different pictures. I felt like i didnt even need to be there to know what happened

9. Morgan Grim on December 18th, 2017 4:01 am

I really love the visual outlook of this alternative copy. The photos are interesting and give a good insight on what is happening and I like how you included some of the players. My only critique is that I wish their was the teams record as a season since the title says “finishes”. I feel like that would give the reader more insight on the whole season. Other than that I found the graphic very informative and thought the layout was great.

10. Mackenzie Motz on December 18th, 2017 5:50 am

This alt copy really captured my attention because of how well organized and thought out it was. I really liked the quotes next to the pictures of who said them as well. That part was very visually appealing.

11. Aubrey Kelley on December 18th, 2017 7:29 am

I was drawn to this alt copy when I saw the header and the pictures with quotes on the document. The pictures next to the quotes makes it much more personal and you can put a face with the quote which is very helpful. The alt copy is also very balanced and the information is laid out evenly on the alt copy. My focus flows through the image and information easily.

• Volleyball concludes state run with 7th place finish

Fall Sports

Boys soccer finishes as state runner-up

Fall Sports

Girls soccer caps off successful season

Fall Sports

Boys cross country strives for fame

Fall Sports

Football unites through down year

Fall Sports

Elmer concludes 33rd year as coach

Fall Sports

Summer prep pays off for girls cross country

Fall Sports

Girls swim team battles chlorine

Fall Sports

Boys soccer hopes for return to state championship

Fall Sports

Cheerleaders create support for football players

Fall Sports

Cross Country finishes season with state meet