Students dislike Kanye West’s new song

Students dislike the fake scenery and strange moments between Kanye and Kim in this music video.

Photo by Alec Youngblood

Photo by Alec Youngblood

The music starts and beautiful scenery flies by on the computer screen, unfortunately the beautiful picture is ruined when starts Kanye West “rides” his motorcycle in front of the green screen.

Kanye West’s music video for his new song “Bound 2” from his Yeezus album was posted to YouTube on Nov. 19.  Since then, it has conjured up a large amount of criticism from the public.

Most Stillwater Area High School students seemed to have a similar reaction to the music video.  For many, the quality of the animation and computer generated parts were less than acceptable for our technically advanced society.

“It looked like a five-year old made it,” said sophomore Allison Wendorf.

“It’s not real, it’s all fake, we’re a generation of technology so I thought it should have been better,” said senior Sami Spivey.

“Fake backdrops, our theater productions look better than this,” added Wendorf.

It is just not students who dislike the video.  Recently, the video on Youtube had 17,459,077 views, a number that continues to rise.  At first glance, that seems to be a large amount but after looking directly under the view count the shockingly high dislike count comes into view.  “Bound 2” has 201,382 dislikes and only 73,742 likes.

The general YouTube viewers seemed to have the same reactions and criticisms as students.

“Just traumatized the dislike button.  I couldn’t stop clicking it, I tried but I couldn’t. It’s just so, so, so tasteless and stupid,” said Kari Sauce, a YouTuber in the comment section of Kanye’s video.

“I’m a huge Kanye, fan but I have to say this is Kanye’s worst song ever along with the worst music video of all time…” said Bryan P. in another YouTube comment.

When just assessing the song, students did not have it quite as many verbal flames.  However, they were still anything but pleased.

“I think both are bad and that the music video intensifies the hate towards the song,” said Wendorf.

“The song is not the bad, but I wouldn’t listen to it in my free time,” said Spivey.

All in all, the general public is extremely critical of both the video and the song.  Kanye will need to produce a Billboard number one to get over this musical suicide.