Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Story and Photos by Izzy Allen

As part of the new construction, the girls gymnastics has a new home.  After sharing a gym with wrestling, gymnasts now have their own space to preform tricks and flips.  This has generated much excitement among the girls.  See the infographic above for more.

Izzy Allen, Student Playlist Reporter

Izzy Allen is a junior and a student playlist reporter. She writes for the Student Life section for her traditional copy story. She writes for the Sport...

4 Responses to “Girls gymnastics to debut new gym”

1. Jesse Brown on November 11th, 2017 4:28 pm

To me this story meets all of the basic qualities you need, but I think it lacks in a few areas also. The background and text was pretty basic and didn’t stand out to me. It seemed almost kind of plain. I like that photos were included, but it looks like the whole gym is not included which I would’ve liked to see. Also it seems to me that there is very little information of the new area, and that is a concern especially if I wanted to know more about it. I like the fact that the author included a pie chart, but overall the story just didn’t really grab my attention or stand out to me.

2. Andrew Phan on November 13th, 2017 10:17 am

The topic of new addition to our school is a topic the public likes to learn about. The background seemed to be plain and not very appealing with it just being white. Would suggest adding a gymnastics vibe with photos of current gymnasts. The story did not have much to tell but it’s cool to see our sports team have their own training place.

3. Logan Huber on November 13th, 2017 10:21 am

I like how you included the QRcode to the girls season this year and it helps to interact with the readers. I also agree with jesse about how it does seem to be pretty plain and it doesn’t show the whole gym which I also think would be important to see the whole new addition.

4. Aubrey Kelley on November 13th, 2017 11:19 pm

This story did not catch my eye, it seemed to be lacking facts and important information to educate the reader on the addition of the new gymnastics gym. I would have liked to see something that made this story personal like quotes from current gymnasts or pictures of current gymnasts using the facility. Without the story involving a person, it lacked excitement or emotion. I think the pie chart was a nice addition and created some interest within the story.

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

Alternatives to colleges create opportunities

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

Synchronized swimming looking to make season a team effort

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

Melania Trump tackles cyber bullying

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

Technology varies in impact on teen health

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

Simulators do not slow boys golf

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

HQ Trivia launches large

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

First ever girls ultimate frisbee team emerges

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

Speech student, Noah Schraut, reaches nationals

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

Boys, girls track look to follow up last year’s run

• Girls gymnastics to debut new gym

Alternative Copy Stories

With core intact, softball looking to make run

Girls gymnastics to debut new gym