Filed under Student Life

Suburb offers students more dining options

Though Stillwater has an abundance of places to shop and eat, students often look forward to checking out new places and having more options. A common place for students to explore different restaurants or stores is Woodbury. Not only is there an outdoor mall, but Woodbury also offers a collection of places to eat and activities to do. When looking for something to do outside of Stillwater, Woodbury’s convenient location and accessibility make it a popular destination for students.

New to the East side of Woodbury is CityPlace. It is a 100-acre site that  houses businesses that range from retail to restaurants. Student-favorites like Qdoba and Potbelly have been added and continue to make Woodbury the hotspot for new and diverse hang out spots. Retail spots like Sur la Table are close to opening, and across the road  sits Piada, Einstein Bro’s Bagels, Caribou Coffee and Café Zupa’s.

Junior Maggie Jones said, “I love to go to Trader Joe’s and some of my favorite restaurants in Woodbury are Five Guys, India Palace, and Punch. It’s nice because it’s so close to home.”

It’s [Woodbury] super easy to get to and I always have a fun time when I go there. There’s always something to do.”

— Sami Chang

A big trend that has appeared in the past year is bubble tea. Students will often make the trip to Sencha Tea Bar on Radio Drive to order drinks like taro coconut shake with lychee- a unique and delicious drink.

“I like Sencha because it’s unique and has so many options to choose from. I love going with my friends and making a day of it,” sophomore Sami Chang said.

Woodbury is also a popular shopping destination. At Woodbury Lakes, stores like H&M, American Eagle, PacSun and Primp can be found outside. Nearby, is Dick’s Sporting Goods, Ulta and several other places to shop.

Junior Madi Shaffer said, “My favorite places to go are PacSun and Victoria’s Secret. I kind of have a shopping problem and Woodbury is the best and closest place for me to go whenever I feel like spending some money.”

With the addition of CityPlace, even more restaurants and shops have opened, and they provide an even larger selection of things to do.

“I love Qdoba and I’m super excited to finally go and eat there. I’m glad that they’ve opened so many more places to eat because Woodbury is on my way home from school,” junior Maggie Raedeke said.

Whether looking to eat, shop, workout or simply enjoy a day with friends, Woodbury provides options for everyone and being less than a 25 minute car ride away, it is a popular place for all students to go.

Chang said, “It’s [Woodbury] super easy to get to and I always have a fun time when I go there. There’s always something to do.”

8 Responses to “Suburb offers students more dining options”

1. Elise Luoma on February 27th, 2017 11:57 am

This article has a strong lead because it sets the tone of the article. I like how it shows the features of Stillwater and Woodbury. The quotes are strong and add variety, as people have different thoughts and reasons why they like to shop.

2. Bella Anderson on February 28th, 2017 11:08 am

I really enjoyed reading about the comparison between Stillwater and Woodbury. I like how you interviewed a lot of people about their favorite places to shop and eat. It is very well researched and interesting. I will definitely be going to some of these places.

3. Ciana Fragnito on March 13th, 2017 4:32 pm

Very well written story capturing the many small businesses in Woodbury and its suburbs. I liked how the lead and nutgraph introduced some restraunts and the interviews gave more options showing the wide variety of options as well as favorites.

4. Elana Ross on March 14th, 2017 8:18 am

This article is very strong and well written. I love how Ebbie not only talks about the places you can get food, but also other things you can do around the area. I think its good to have an article about one of Stillwater’s suburbs gibing students more ideas of places to shop an things to eat. This article flowed very well and was very informative.

5. Sophie Begin on March 15th, 2017 9:00 pm

I think the story started out with a very strong and descriptive lead. I think it provided a nice balance of information about the place as well as students’ opinions. The quotes shared a huge selection of shops and restaurants making it very informative. Overall I found it enjoyable to read and well written.

6. Jake Caywood on March 19th, 2017 9:53 am

After reading this article I feel like I learned many new places to eat and shop in Woodbury. The quotes used were very supportive and relevant to the story and showed the students opinion on these destinations. Very well written and informative article, great work!

7. Lauren Newman on March 27th, 2017 9:01 pm

I really liked this article because it was strongly written and it had really good information. This article not only talks about the restaurants opening up but it also talks about some of the more popular spots around Woodbury. Also, this article had really good quotes that really tie into the article.

8. Katie Freichels on March 29th, 2017 9:28 pm

This was a very well written article which had many informative quotes. I often go to Woodbury myself so this was very helpful article that gave me new ideas of things to try and do. Ebbie did a nice job of not only talking about locations to eat, but she also touched on activities you can do which was a nice addition.

• Suburb offers students more dining options

Student Life

Graduation, right around the corner

Photo Slide Shows

Mattson, Constant begin makeup account

Student Life

French students, teachers anticipating 2018 trip

Student Life

New recycling opportunities in Stillwater Community

Photo Slide Shows

Nerf War tradition continues

Student Life

Community rallies, save bees

Fashion Blog

Fashion and comfort found in Bralettes

Photo Slide Shows

Apple Air Pods become easy, lightweight alternative to earbuds

Student Life

Preparing for college admissions tests, resources easily available

Photo Slide Shows

Science teacher Weaver offers dating advice to students