Garnier Micellar Water: easy way for clean skin

Maddy Baker, Copy Editor

Recently, Garnier Micellar Water has been all the rage in skincare. This product not only removes all makeup, but it cleanses and refreshes your face. For being so harsh on makeup, dirt and grime, it is still very gentle on skin.

Garnier Micellar Water comes in two different formulas, one for normal makeup and dirt, and another for waterproof makeup. Right on the bottle, the product claims to, “remove even waterproof mascara,” which can be extremely tough to do especially gently. With this product there will not be tugging on student’s eyes causing premature wrinkles and space eyelashes.

“The cleanser contains ‘micellar technology’ like a magnet, micelles capture and lift away dirt, oil and makeup without harsh rubbing, leaving skin perfectly clean, hydrated and refreshed without over-drying,” ulta.com reported.

I have very sensitive skin, and all other makeup removers that I use give me an allergic reaction, but this one doesn’t. When I use other products, my eyes swell shut or I get a rash. Neither of these things happen when I use this product.

— Lexi Kroening

People with sensitive skin have found that it is different than other skincare because of how gentle it is. The cleanser is unscented, which is better for skin in general. Scented products can cause skin sensitization, the most common allergic reaction.

“I have very sensitive skin, and all other makeup removers that I use give me an allergic reaction, but this one doesn’t. When I use other products, my eyes swell shut or I get a rash. Neither of these things happen when I use this product,” senior Lexi Kroening said, proving just how gentle the formula of the micellar water is.

The micellar water is very effective at removing makeup. It has ingredients that refresh skin, and keep it feeling soft and supple. It’s good for any skin type and does not leave student’s skin feeling oily like some cleansers.

The product is so kind to skin that it is usable every morning and every night. The micellar water has multiple uses and gives people a massive confidence boost after they attain clearer skin from this product.

“I use it every morning and sometimes before bed when I’m too lazy to wash my face traditionally,” senior Madison Fry said. It wakes students up in the morning and leaves them at ease that their skin is clear enough to fall asleep and wake up with even clearer skin.

The product not only cleans skin, it is tough on makeup and grime, but extremely affordable. The price fits that of almost anyone, so everyone is able to have beautiful, fresh and clean skin. For around $9 at Target, Ulta, etc. students receive 13.5 oz. of product. For anyone who doesn’t want to bring such a large bottle on vacation or over to friends house, they sell a 3 oz bottle for around $3.50 as well.

“The price is very reasonable. As a high school student, on a very low budget, I still think that this product is a good price,” Kroening said.

Overall, Garnier Micellar Water is an incredible product that not only unclogs pores, but also effortlessly removes makeup. Also, students get a lot of product for a reasonable price, which is hard to find, especially for a product that could easily be sold as a high-end cleanser.