Students take a liking to Nutrition Revolution

Ciana Fragnito

More stories from Ciana Fragnito

Sophomore Celia Hanson is enjoying a shake from Nutrition Revolution, a store that sells protein shakes. Hanson said, "I like Nutrition because it's healthy and it makes me feel good about myself,"

Nutrition Revolution, a shop many Stillwater residents are becoming familiar with as they begin enjoying this healthy option. This shop has protein shakes, tea and aloe shots available to store goers.

After drinking Nutrition Revolution I feel much more energetic, satisfied and full,” sophomore Annika Johns said. “I like it before games because it isn’t heavy in your stomach and it is good for you.”

— Kacey Buzay

This shop has become a favorite for many athletes as they substitute sugary drinks for a better option. The benefits of this for health as well as the taste make this drink irresistible.  Along with the health benefits this shop is also enjoyable to go to as it fosters a friendly environment fit for the small town it is in.

For athletes, the right amount of protein is essential for performing at their best. Nutrition Revolution is able to provide this in a way that is fit for any sport, before or after competing. Athletes often feel more fit be at their highest level for the competition after getting the nutrients that help each persons body run at its best.

“After drinking Nutrition Revolution I feel much more energetic, satisfied and full,” sophomore Annika Johns said. “I like it before games because it isn’t heavy in your stomach and it is good for you,” junior Kacey Buzay said.

Nutrition Revolution offers a variety of different drinks each with different benefits. Consumers have the option to buy one, all three or a combination of two.

“The first thing served is the mango aloe shot, which helps to clear the digestive track by supporting nutrient absorption and digestion. Next is the tea, there are about 5 flavors of tea that help to boost energy and support with antioxidants that are low in calories. Lastly is the shake which contains the protein and different vitamins and minerals that are key nutrients to a healthy diet,” senior Lexi Dahl explained.

Lauren Newman and Jesse Zelaya

The owner, Ryan Slate, has come to know many of his customers on a personal level. The overall environment of this shop is very friendly and a enjoyable place to hang out with friends while enjoying the beverage.

“The atmosphere is very friendly and the owner knows regular customers by first name,” Buzay said.  “Ryan always greets you by name and has the drinks ready in a short amount of time,” Dahl added.  “It feels like a warm and inviting small shop and is a great place to enjoy the company of friends in a relaxing environment,” Johns added.

11 Responses to “Students take a liking to Nutrition Revolution”

1. Alex Ehde on January 9th, 2017 9:00 pm

I love nutrition revolution, so this article made me happy because I go there every week. This article shows how good nutrition rev is for you and how friendly the environment is. I would sit there after school until closing time just talking to Ryan and my friends, drinking my shake and it is all very comfortable. I liked the transitions between facts and quotes, it was very smooth. This article made me excited to go back!

2. Elana Ross on January 17th, 2017 8:22 pm

This article is very well written and has great use of vocab. It is very informative and tells a lot about Nutrition. Ciana also has awesome quotes, they are very informative and show how much students like it. We also learn a lot about the environment and how it works. The article is very smooth and flows nicely all together.

3. Bella Anderson on January 25th, 2017 4:03 pm

This is a very intriguing story. It has a lot of useful information and great quotes. It makes me excited to go there. Great job!

4. Hope Haukom on February 2nd, 2017 10:28 am

I love this article because everything said about the environment is true and the people interviewed are truly regulars there so the quotes given were very proficient. The different use of vocabulary made the story well written and you could tell a lot of effort was put into the story.

5. McKenna on February 8th, 2017 8:38 pm

I like Nutrition, so I wanted to read it. I wanted to know what other students liked about Nutrient. I also agree with Hope about what you said about the environment and how true it is. The quotes were very detailed and the people you interviewed showed how this was one of their places to go before games. Everything just flowed very well and this article was very well written!

6. Katie Tanski on February 9th, 2017 11:43 am

This article is very well written and has a good use of vocab. Also I like how she focused on how athletic people.

7. Christian Anderson on February 9th, 2017 4:57 pm

Very well written, and explains what the shop offers very nicely too. I really liked that you included the link about the protein too, because I didn’t know much about the right amounts of it for my body. The quotes really gave the article a nice touch too by showing how the students reacted to their drinks. Great article over all.

8. Audra Risberg on February 9th, 2017 7:34 pm

I really like the angle you took on this article. You focused on athletes and the benefits of them going to Nutrition Revolution, and made sure your sources were reliable and had good, relevant facts. This article for sure makes me want to go to Nutrition Revolution and try something there.

9. Sonia Moran on February 9th, 2017 7:55 pm

I love nutrition so the title drew my attention. You have good reliable sources. I love how you talked about the environment. Great and well written article.

10. Emma Clarkowski on February 9th, 2017 8:54 pm

I like that this article provides an insight into what people like. The quotes provide more information on what type of things are there and how they help you. The links on this article are very helpful when trying to learn more about Nutrition Revolution. I liked how they described more in depth about the shop and what you can get there. Very good article!

11. Ellie Speedling on February 13th, 2017 9:43 am

I like that this article has reliable sources and great quotes! It was interesting for me to read since I visit Nutrition Revolution almost every week. I also liked how you focused on athletes.

• Students take a liking to Nutrition Revolution

Read & Watch

Ultimate frisbee team gains momentum

Battle of the Bands plays to enthusiastic crowds

Photo Slide Shows

Boys basketball starts off behind, looking to improve

Read & Watch

Open campus for lunch will cause problems

Violent protests break apart American trust

Photo Slide Shows

Nordic Skiing teams looking ahead to new season

Locker Room

Jingco’s basketball talent carries team

Locker Room

Raleigh accepted on varsity hockey team

Read & Watch

Raising Cane’s chicken, a local favorite

‘Pippin’: cast prepares for spring musical