Bomber Jackets trend keeps students warm for winter

Matthew McGinley, Social Media Editor

Going into the cold Minnesota winter, students at the high school seemed to have caught on to the Bomber jacket trend. It’s something students can wear in almost any occasion in season.

Bomber jackets are stylish jackets that are thin and light enough to wear indoors yet keep people warm enough in cold temperatures. Although they can get a little spendy, some getting up to $100 or above, students seem to think they are worth the purchase.

I never really knew about them until not to long ago, then when fall came I saw some people wearing them and now I know of a lot of girls are getting them for the winter.

— Sammy Aronson

Clothing that can work in multiple situations are usually items that people invest in. Bomber Jackets are one of these items, because they can be worn through the winter but also during the fall or even spring. Junior Maggie Raedeke, owner of a bomber jacket, likes this feature.

“They are lighter than a typical winter jacket but still meant for it, also the fall or inside,” Raedeke said.

More students are starting to take notice of this trend, becoming something that is catching on quite rapidly. Because they have some differences from a typical jacket, students want to be a part of the trend. This trend has caught the eye of sophomore Micaela Engebretsen.

“I personally haven’t worn them before, but I’ve seen a lot of girls wear them as a new trendier thing more recently and I like the way they look,” Engebretsen said.

Bomber jackets weren’t a very popular item of clothing last year, so the trend has sprouted recently. Because they are jackets, students haven’t really worn them until the weather started dropping. That is when the majority of students got in on the trend. Junior Sammy Aronson elaborated on when she first noticed them.

“I never really knew about them until not too long ago, then when fall came I saw some people wearing them and now I know of a lot of girls are getting them for the winter,” Aronson said.

Once winter ends and spring and summer come around, these jackets won’t have much use. Also, because they weren’t very popular before it leads to suspicion that a trend like this, regardless of how fast it caught on can very easily end.

“I don’t think the trend will continue much longer than this winter, but I’m sure people will continue to wear them. It’s just it probably won’t be considered a ‘trend’ for much longer. this is something that’s in for now, but out pretty soon,” Raedeke said.

Although, they were made for colder weathers,that doesn’t mean they won’t be used once it warms up. Engebretsen believes this is something that will last longer than one season.

“I believe it will be a year round trend, because they seem like a lighter jacket that would work for all seasons regardless of the weather,” Engebretsen said.

Bomber jackets are a great way to get through the tough Minnesota winter while still looking stylish without any bulky winter coats. Students have quickly started to wear the jackets, but whether or not they make it last is yet to be determined.