Filed under Arts

Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

Adele's new album 25, was released November 20, and exclusively at Target three bonus are included in the album.

Photo by: Mikayla Erf
Adele’s new album 25, was released November 20, and exclusively at Target three bonus are included in the album.

With Adele’s newest single entitled “Hello” climbing the charts in over 20 different countries and breaking records worldwide; Billboard, Fuse, and other sources call “25”  the most anticipated album of 2015.

The British singer and songwriter Adele is back with her newest album entitled “25”. Highly anticipated, her recently released single has set the scene for what is predicted to be Adele’s greatest success yet. “25” was released on Nov. 20 and is 45 minutes, including 11 new tracks such as the previewed single “When We Were Young”.

After Adele’s nearly four year musical hiatus, she’s back from spending time with her son and suffering from intense writer’s block and some would claim even better than ever. Adele had thought about quitting the music industry entirely, but after her son was born  she claimed that he inspired her to write more, to show him what she did on a daily basis.

“She’s perfect, I’m so glad she’s back, I wish I was her,” sophomore Allie Wohlwend, an Adele enthusiast said.

The video for the single reached over 100 million views on YouTube in just under a week. Breaking the Vevo record previously held by Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball”. Hello broke countless other records and became number one on the Billboard Top 100.

“The only part I can remember is when she says hello, but she says it so good,” junior Morgan Nelson said.

Adele is a God, she can do whatever she wants”

— Ellen Bordeaux

Judging from Adele’s previous musical success, this album is sure to be topping the charts despite its absence on Spotify and Apple Music. “21” alone being #1 on the all time US Billboard 200 and “19” ranking #4 on the same chart.

“She has an amazing range, it’s incredible and probably is what makes her so popular,” Wohlwend said.

With Adele’s 11 million sales from her previous album “21”, both Adele and her fans know this will be a difficult album to follow up. Adele told SoundScan, “My thing was how do I follow up 21? But I can’t do that because it was so big. I can’t live up to that again.”

“Adele is a God, she can do whatever she wants,” said junior Ellen Bordeaux.

Adele claims to be most excited about the final song on her album, “Sweet Devotion”. Adele told SoundScan that the song “is a real good sing along song and has a good hook”.

“Adele was so big 5 years ago and then she dropped off the face of the earth, of course, this album will be huge,” explained Bordeaux. The anticipation for this album along with Adele’s absence from the industry has built this to be her most successful album yet.

Cailey Boisvert, Social Media Reporter

Cailey Boisvert is 16 and a junior at Stillwater High School. She satisfies her passion for photography through taking pictures for the Pony Express. In...

3 Responses to “Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album”

1. Joe Rice on January 5th, 2016 10:04 pm

An informative and well written article. Quotes were also excellent bu the article seemed a bit repetitive overall.

2. Adam Sutcliffe on January 6th, 2016 9:15 pm

The article was well written and straight to the strong points of Adele’s latest work. The quotes that were used really captured the intense devotion that her fans have, and show off why she is so popular.

3. Isabel Boedigheimer on January 7th, 2016 11:10 am

I love the title of the article. I also love how you display how much her fans love her. You also have good statistics. Very well written! Nice job.

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

Ellen’s stand-up ‘Relatable’ premiers on Netflix

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

TV & Film Reviews

‘On the Basis of Sex’ inspires a new generation

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

TV & Film Reviews

‘Mary Poppins Returns’ with several heaping spoonfuls of nostalgia

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

TV & Film Reviews

‘Aquaman’ swims into theaters

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

Book Reviews

Netflix’s ‘Bird Box’ chilling message

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

TV & Film Reviews

Illumination Studios makes a new ‘Grinch’ movie

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

Political Opinion

‘Thank U, Next’ by Ariana Grande promotes self love

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

Political Opinion

Cooks of Crocus Hill welcomes community

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

Podcasts

Bohemian Rhapsody worth the money for Malek, Sing-Along

• Say ‘Hello’ to Adele’s new album

TV & Film Reviews

‘Mamma Mia’ should not go again