Big fun at Big Thrill Factory

Valeria Gonzalez, Layout Editor

Are you hungry for some fun? Get ready to be amazed by the Big Thrill Factory (BTF) that just opened it’s second location in Oakland, Minn.  BTF is a place that offers games from a go-kart track to a huge arcade and a new laser tag arena. During the spring and summer time, the place includes outdoor fun with trampolines.

The games allow people to play in exchange for prizes that people can bring home depending on how many points are earned. Kids can play all day and go home with a cool prize like dolls, basketball hoops and even a TV for 30,000 points. Some of the most popular games are Grand Piano Keys and Color Match. They also have other attractions like bowling, mini golf, wipeout trampolines and a drop tower etc, so the fun never ends.

“My two favorite games in that place are the go-kart track and the drop tower because they are the most fun ones, especially since I don’t like machine games and I really don’t care about the prices,” sophomore Carina Engler said.

Last year, I went to my cousin’s birthday in The Big Thrill Factory and I was the only one there that wasn’t seven years old, and I still had a lot of fun. This is definitely a place for everyone no matter how old you are.

— Simone Youssef

The restaurant is not just a typical buffet with simple food. It serves quality appetizers, sandwiches, salad bar  and build-your-own burgers and pizzas, as well as tap beer and other adult beverages. Fun cakes and doughnuts are part of the dessert menu; the plan is to have the parents want to stay and eat instead of leaving and eating elsewhere.

“The food there was surprisingly very good for the price, we are the kind of family to go to these kinds of places for a couple hours and have fun, but by dinner time we usually leave and go to a restaurant we know is going to be good and worth our money,” sophomore Silver Byrd said.

The BTF gives the opportunity to celebrate birthdays and throw parties for every occasion. Packages for birthday parties start at $280, each package comes with different attractions that people can pick from. They even have the choice to throw a Extreme B-day party for $300 that includes 1 mega party pizza, cupcakes, 6 souvenir packs, a celebration with the guest of honor, 3 hours of attraction and a reserved VIP space, so it is really worth the money to check it out and celebrate.

“Last year, I went to my cousin’s birthday in The Big Thrill Factory and I was the only one there that wasn’t seven years old, and I still had a lot of fun. This is definitely a place for everyone no matter how old you are,” junior Simone Youssef said.