Filed under Activities

Can Can Wonderland brings mini golf to a new level

The tapping of plastic on rubber resonates around the course, the little ball rolling away from the club that it was hit by. These are the constant sounds and sights of a mini golf course all around the world.  While most courses are rather simple in design, others such as Can Can Wonderland in St.Paul takes that to the next level.  Mixing local artists works with a mini golf course leads to a unique experience customers will not get anywhere else but Can Can Wonderland.

The main attraction of Can Can Wonderland is the mini golf course.  The course is an 18-hole masterpiece.  A major difference between this mini golf course and other courses is the artistic style of the holes, while on the course everyone is treated to the sight of unique looking designs  that decorate each hole. Making each and every hole a fun and unique experience.

Would you consider playing mini golf at Can Can wonderland?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Nate Musser said, “I thought the color and design was intriguing. The course is different and unique.”

One hole, for example has the player play around a tornado made from netting and going straight to the ceiling.  The greatest part of the mini golf course is the accessibility for all ages, leading to everyone having a fun time.  

While the mini golf is a huge piece of what makes Can Can Wonderland a unique experience, another part of that experience is the layout of this business.  When students first arrive at Can Can Wonderland the most unique part of the business shines, the front entrance is called the “secret invisible entrance”, once through the entrance students are greeted by a long hallway and a flight of stairs leading to the actual entrance to the business.

I thought the color and design was intriguing. The course is different and unique.”

— Nate Musser

When inside, students are greeted by three options, the restaurant, the arcade and the mini golf course . While the restaurant is there it is not a huge part of the identity of this business, the main attractions are the mini golf and the arcade.  The arcade mixes both newer arcade and old arcade games seamlessly.  With that mix and the mini golf, everyone that arrives in the underground business will have something to do.

Even with the amazing mini golf and the interesting layout, a problem with Can Can Wonderland is the location.  While the location is great for students who plan to attend Hamline University next fall, if someone from Stillwater wants to go then it would be a long drive out to the location.  Can Can Wonderland is settled on Prior Ave north in St.Paul’s industrial district, while also near the State Fairgrounds in Falcon Heights.  If students don’t know where they  are going or have directions students may end up lost in a maze of industrial buildings.  When you make it there, students are greeted by a large Blackstack Brewery sign that could confuse most who go there.  But once students find the red door leading to the business then the fun begins.  

Overall the strange location does not overshadow the unique art and layout that makes Can Can Wonderland special.  Everything at Can Can Wonderland screams fun and excitement for all.  If you can get past the the obstacle of how far Can Can Wonderland is from Stillwater, then your experience at Can Can Wonderland will be a hole in one of fun for all.

1 Comment

One Response to “Can Can Wonderland brings mini golf to a new level”

1. Hope Haukom on April 20th, 2017 12:47 pm

My favorite aspect of the story was the clever metaphors associated with golf terms and how you could tell the writer really did an in depth visit of the place itself. I like how it just wasn’t about how cool it was but about some negative aspects of it. I think it needed more quotes though.