Out with the old iPhone in with the new LG V10

Joslyn Reiche, Fashion Blog Editor

lg-resized-v10-02-100618576-primary.idge

Press Photo

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-officially-unveils-v10-second-screen-and-dual-front-facing-cameras

LG released their LG V10 on Nov. 6. They have a daring catchphrase of being the ‘unbreakable android.’ This name was given because of their many commercials showing it being dropped on a surface where any other phone would break.

Not only does the phone come with that feature, but it also comes with enhanced audio with three mics. There is also easy video editing and steady recording for shaky hands. It can keep all of the most used apps nearby with the second screen option even when not on the main screen. There are two front facing cameras for wider pictures and it has 16 megapixels for when people find that great shot.

People will love the Android features on it that can make social media posts look better. The phone includes dual cameras which has its perks.

“LG V10 would probably have the best camera besides the G4,” AT+T employee Mason Bushey said.

The picture quality is excellent, for example, zooming in and staying clear is great for those far away objects. Compared to iPhones, the LG V10 is twice as good as Apple 6 with 16 to 8, but the iPhone 6S is closer with 12 to 16. However, Samsung is just as good with 16 megapixels.

“V10 is more exaggerated with colors and quality. Apple is better in night light,” said AT+T employee Lawrence Kur.

The dual camera feature lets people choose between the 80 degrees, one or two people, or the 120 degrees, three or more people and/or the landscape behind.

It’s still breakable. Dropping a concrete block on it will break it. They still need to keep it in good conditions. A phone case can keep stuff from getting into the phone. But there isn’t a way to make it foul proof.”

— Dave House

Manager Dustin Rife from Verizon said the cameras give “different focal points for a better looking selfies.”

Unbreakable can be taken from different perspectives, one of which is to not be compromised from outside forces.

“Normally, I would say [to] not able to break, but if it was made it can be unmade. So, technically it can break. Unbreakable to me is impenetrable, ” senior Simon Leppicello said.

But not all think that it can be an unbreakable phone. The phone has a disclaimer saying that put into extreme conditions, it may be more likely to break.

Kur described, “[It is] something that can’t be taken apart or destroyed. I think that’s false.”

With the disclaimer, those who work in extreme conditions may not want this phone, because of what could happen to the expensive item.

“It’s still breakable. Dropping a concrete block on it will break it. They still need to keep it in good conditions. A phone case can keep stuff from getting into the phone. But there isn’t a way to make it foul proof,” Dave House, Best Buy mobile sales consultant said.

The commercial about the LG V10, “the only example they [the phone company] showed was that it drops on the floor and they expect all the phones to break but you’ve dropped your phone on the floor, I’ve dropped my phone on the floor and they haven’t broken so technically that could be considered unbreakable if they’re saying that. So I think it’s kind of sketchy. So I think it’s as unbreakable as mine,” Leppicello said.

Apple users are often tied to the phone of choice. Apple users will stay with their phones because it is what they are comfortable with.

“I don’t think it’s unbreakable because nothing’s unbreakable. Anything can be broken if you drop it right on the ground,” Murphy added.

Having an unbreakable phone on the smart phone market, it could make a huge difference in the way the industry works.

There is “not enough market share to make a difference,” Rife said.

Markets change all the time, for better or for worse.

“If it does [catch on] it will change the industry,” House said.

2 Responses to “Out with the old iPhone in with the new LG V10”

1. DYLAN COOK on January 6th, 2016 8:59 am

Interesting approach to the topic. It was nice that you didn’t simply address new features but also looked into their significance and even how they might impact other manufacturers of smart phones and the industry in general. I would say the only thing that would really improve this would be some input from owners of the device but it is very new to the market so it is understandably hard to find people to interview. Great work.

2. Alex Serier on January 6th, 2016 10:39 pm

It was a interesting phone review that you did not directly pin this new LG phone up against apple you instead discussed why people would want to leave there Iphone or also why some people will just stick with there eye phone and it is nice that there was no head to head benchmarks between phones it was more of a compilation of how the phones differ them selves with features. Good job getting the one store employee for a interview and getting quotes from students and not just a quote from a press release about the phone. Great Job.

• Out with the old iPhone in with the new LG V10

Technology & Gaming

MLB The Show 17 set to succeed

Lifestyle

Athletes share workout spots

Health and Science

Protein and nutrition shakes provide benefits to athletes

Consumer

Etsy offers unique experience to small business

Consumer

Hair extensions add variety to natural hair

• Consumer

One piece swimsuits dive into style

Consumer

Self tanning offers safer alternatives to the sun

Lifestyle

The Life of Pablo new album debuts

Lifestyle

Spam Instagram accounts sweeping popularity over students

Lifestyle

Kids clothes, a money-smart choice