Apple Watch, most personal Apple product

Apple Watch

Press photo Apple.com
Apple is releasing new Apple Watch set to come out this April. Gareth Beavis, from techradar.com said,” You can’t call it a lady or a man’s watch, but there will be those that do, and it’s opened Apple up to a new market in doing so.”

The Apple Watch is highly anticipated by the masses.  It was first announced on Sept. 9 of last year, but the set date of the release of the watch is April 24 of this year.  Apple has promised that the watch will have thousands of apps including many Apple-made apps.  There is one that allows the wearer of the watch to doodle pictogram-messages to their contacts, two fitness apps, Maps, Apple Pay and numerous different watch faces.

“Unfortunately, the market for low-end versatile smartwatches is saturated already with a huge range of options for those wanting to pay under 300 euros [$324] for a piece of technology on their wrist.  Samsung, Pebble, LG, Motorola: all of these companies make a cheap and cheerful wrist wrapper,” said Max Slater-Robins from techradar.com.

The smartwatch that Slater-Robins is referring to is the Apple Watch Sport.  This will be released along with the regular Apple Watch, as well as the Apple Watch Edition.  The Apple Watch Sport is only a fitness watch, therefore it will cost less than the other two versions.  It is said that it will cost from $349 to $399.

Gareth Beavis, also from techradar.com said,” You can’t call it a lady or a man’s watch, but there will be those that do, and it’s opened Apple up to a new market in doing so.”

I think it’s stupid, but it’ll probably sell really well.”

— Colleen Jordan

The Apple Watch, of course, comes with a strap.  What is surprising about this is the fact that Apple has created 38 different options of them.  The straps are removable, making it possible to purchase different ones and not be stuck with the same strap.  Apple also states that the straps are made with a variety of materials.  It is estimated that the straps will cost between $49 and $449.

“I think it’s stupid, but it’ll probably sell really well,” said junior Colleen Jordan.

Most of the reviews of this new device are negative.  People see barely any difference between the Apple Watch and iPhone’s.  There is not anything that big that attracts customers to this besides the Apple Watch Edition being solid 18-karat gold.  But because of this, not many can afford it.  The Watch will cost $10,000.  Only the very wealthy are willing to spend that kind of money on a watch.

2 Responses to “Apple Watch, most personal Apple product”

1. parkeoli000 on May 28th, 2015 10:30 pm

You did a good job explaining the benefits and cons of the watch, I loved reading about it. Good job on how you layed out the article along with your comparisons

2. Dan Justesen on May 31st, 2015 10:36 pm

I liked the headline and the nice and clean picture that made me want to look into the article. The article is pretty short but it gets most of the basic details about the watch. A few more opinions or details about the new watch would help the article and make it a bit longer.

• Apple Watch, most personal Apple product

Technology & Gaming

MLB The Show 17 set to succeed

Lifestyle

Athletes share workout spots

Health and Science

Protein and nutrition shakes provide benefits to athletes

Consumer

Etsy offers unique experience to small business

Consumer

Hair extensions add variety to natural hair

• Consumer

One piece swimsuits dive into style

Consumer

Self tanning offers safer alternatives to the sun

Lifestyle

The Life of Pablo new album debuts

Lifestyle

Spam Instagram accounts sweeping popularity over students

Lifestyle

Kids clothes, a money-smart choice