Softball team looking fresh for a fresh season

Kjell Sandstrom

The team has welcomed these new jerseys with much praise, Junior Molly Frisch explained, “They are similar to the old design but with great improvements. I love them.”

Kjell Sandstrom, Distribution Reporter

The Stillwater Area High School softball team will be looking better than ever for this new season, featuring white and black jerseys with red numbers and front script, as well as the Pony logo watermark on the back. Contrary to what it shows on the concept art, these uniforms will have black pants as opposed to white as shown. These will replace their previous all black uniforms. The team has welcomed these new jerseys with much praise, junior Molly Frisch explained, “They are similar to the old design but with great improvements. I love them.”

The team is looking to add onto their success from last year, with the team making it to the later rounds of section playoffs before losing two close games to North St. Paul and Woodbury respectively. Players are very optimistic about the teams performance this season however, junior Lauren Greeder explained, “I think we are going to do well, we have a lot of variety and talent in the team this year.”

The Ponies will kick of their 2015 season in their new jersey at home April 6 against White Bear Lake.