Local Angels Echo in Church Halls

Braden Classon, Social Media Reporter

The Stillwater Area High School Choir has been working vigorously over the past few months towards their upcoming concert. This concert took place on Nov. 6 at 8 p.m. at Saint Andrews Church in Mahtomedi. Eric Christensen, the lead choir teacher put together this presentation.

The recent concert included both boys and girls from every grade from 8th through 12th, and these individuals have perfected a variety of songs that represent both the holiday season and the transition from spring into the winter.

This year’s concert contained an arrangement of songs such as “Surely He Hath Been Born” and “Music Down in My Soul.” These songs covered a variety of pitches and tunes that consist of multiple genres.

“‘Surely He Hath Been Born’ is my favorite because it has low notes that I like,” said junior Jacob Rudenick.

This will impact the community by spreading joy and enthusiasm throughout everyone’s hearts.

— Jacob Rudenick

This will impact the community by spreading joy and enthusiasm throughout everyone’s hearts,” said Rudenick.

“We have been preparing since the beginning of the year,” said junior Paige Boner. As the students work even harder toward perfection they practice their specific songs in hopes to sooth the ears of local listeners.

Both the boys and the girls choir have one-to-two songs that are specific to their pitches and individuals with solos. These songs tend to incorporate a variety of pitches from C to D and everything in between. Furthermore, these songs are also the more seasonal and tend to be fan favorites.

Before Nov. 6 passed, many of the choir students were nervous and anxious for their first performance. This was a unique performance.

Boner said, “This is the only concert that involves all the choirs from grades 8-12 including SAHS and Oakland Junior High, plus we always use this space for the fall concert. These songs are very soulful and exciting.”

This was one of the biggest concerts that the choir will participate in due to the amount of choir students, and being at a bigger location with more space provided.

Boner said, “This year’s concert will be one to remember.” Saint Andrews Church‘s halls was filled with the voices of all ages, genders, pitches and applause this on Nov. 6.